FUNDAMENTAL CHANGES IN PLACEMENT EXAM (STS)
At the meeting of Higher Education General Board dated 15.12.2016; a fundamental change has been amended related to the 2017 Placement Exams (STS). The details of the changes will be specified on the 2017 Placement Exam (STS) Guide to be published on the CoHE web site, and the changes made and the decisions taken are outlined below.
It has been decided that:
- Placement Exams (STS) are going to be held by Gazi University twice a year in the fields of Engineering, Law, Turkish/Turkish Language and Literature, Physical Education and Sports, Veterinary, Nursing, Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Ergotherapy and other fields (except for Medicine, Dentistry and Teaching),
- 1st and 2nd stages of Placement Exams (STS) are going to be combined and held in one session (this decision includes the candidates with the decision of 1st and 2nd stages, and the decision to enter the 2nd stage of the exam including those who have succeeded in the 1st stage, before the date of this decision),
- In the evaluation process of the examinations to be made by the CoHE (in Gazi University), the raw scores of the candidates will be found by subtracting ¼ of the number of incorrect answers from the correct answers. In case of a wrong question in the evaluation and analysis made after the examination, or in a field test examined after an objection, related question will be cancelled and the evaluation is made on the number of remaining questions,
- To be successful in the Placement Examinations, the minimum achievement score must be 40 points out of 100,
- The practice of examinations conducted in the field of Medicine, Dentistry and Teaching will continue to be carried out by the Centre for Measurement, Selection and Placement (ÖSYM).