2018 CoHE Excellence Awards
October 3, 2018 / Presidential Palace
The award ceremony of the "CoHE Excellence Awards", which the Council of Higher Education realized for the first time in the 2017-2018 academic year in order to encourage the studies, projects, theses and activities related to community service of universities that are carried out through scientific studies, was held for the second time.
President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan presented the awards to the winners in the opening ceremony of the 2018-2019 academic year that was held by CoHE at the Beştepe National Congress and Culture Center located at the Presidential Palace.
CoHE decided to present the Doctoral Thesis of the Year Award that is within the category of "Individual Awards" to both doctoral students and their advisors in order to highlight the relationship between lecturers and students and show that CoHE attaches importance to this subject.
The following academics received awards in the category of " Individual Awards" under the "2018 CoHE Excellence Awards":
- In Social and Human Sciences: Dr. Selma Şenel and her thesis advisor Asst. Prof. Dr. Ömer Kutlu for her doctoral thesis on "Assessment and Evaluation" at Ankara University.
- In Science and Engineering: Dr. Seyhan Uçar and his thesis advisor Assoc. Prof. Dr. Öznur Özkasap for his doctoral thesis on "Computer Sceinces and Engineering" at Koç University.
- In Health Sciences: Dr. Gamze Güney Eskiler and her thesis advisor Prof. Dr. Gülşah Çeçener for her doctoral thesis on "Medical Biology" at Uludağ University.
The following academics received awards in the category of " Institutional Awards" under the "2018 CoHE Excellence Awards":
- Public Service Award: Istanbul Medeniyet University was chosen for the award for its application on the detection of the gifted children of families with low socioeconomic status through science and brain teasers at a young age.
- Contribution to Local Development Award: Hatay Mustafa Kemal University was chosen for the award for its application on silkworm rearing, silk weaving and sustainability proposals.
- University-Industry Cooperation Award : Niğde Ömer Halis Demir University was chosen for the award for its application on fuel cells and hydrogen technologies.
- International Cooperation Award: Istanbul Technical University was chosen for the award for its application on its cooperation with Boeing on innovative application and research for aeronautics and space technologies.