Call for Proposals for Grant Scheme for EU-Turkey Intercultural Dialogue (07.03.2018)
The call for proposals for the Grant Scheme for Turkey-EU Intercultural Dialogue (ICD), which aims to enhance the intercultural dialogue, collaboration and communication between Turkey and Europe in the field of culture and art, was published on February 20, 2018.
The Grant Scheme for Turkey-EU Intercultural Dialogue will be implemented by the Yunus Emre Institute under the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance 2014-2020 (IPA II), within the framework of the Civil Society Sector lead by the Ministry for EU Affairs.
With a total budget of 2 million euros, the Grant Scheme will support projects that aim:
- To develop and implement long-term multinational/multilateral joint cultural initiatives in Turkey and in the EU to contribute to mutual understanding;
- To increase the visibility of EU-Turkey civil society dialogue in Turkey and in the EU Member States.
Thematic areas that can be covered by the project are music, opera, theatre, performing arts, plastic and visual arts, graphic arts, arts in public space, traditional arts, digital arts, literature, urban culture, cinema, documentary, animation, architecture, folk culture, cultural diplomacy and history. The Grant Scheme will support the actions exemplified below.
(These examples were posted to give an idea about the actions. The grants are not limited to these examples.)
- Circulation of cultural and artistic studies, art collections and products
- Common cultural and artistic actions
- Actions supporting discussions/debates and participation in cultural policy-making and ICD
- Actions clearly contributing to the public understanding of ICD
- Promotion of exchange of knowledge and best practices in the fields of art and culture through ICD
- Information/awareness raising/communication activities/campaigns related with the ICD
National institutes of culture or national bodies of the EU countries that are a EUNIC member are eligible as Lead Applicant. In order to be eligible, the lead applicants must have at least one CSO and/or university co-applicant from Turkey.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
· minimum amount: EUR 300.000
· maximum amount: EUR 500.000
The deadline for submission of proposals is 10 April 2018, 5 p.m., and applications will be submitted to the Central Finance and Contracts Unit (www.cfcu.gov.tr).
Information meetings regarding this grant scheme may be held by the Yunus Emre Institute. For the exact dates and locations of the meetings, please check out the website of the Ministry for EU Affairs ( http://www.ab.gov.tr) and the Yunus Emre Institute (http://www.yee.org.tr)